This week I used the comment on my first iteration of A2 to produce a more refined product. Some of the suggestions made from last week were to make the theme more literal, as it was hard to comprehend the ideas that I was communicating. However, I believe that the artwork must be in-between being too obvious, and too ambiguous. A good piece of art keeps the viewer there thinking about what they are seeing. I replicated this in my artwork by having hints of my intent through the text “technique enables creativity”, which in my opinion was close to the point in which too much information was given away. This week I did small and subtle changes in order to keep the original theme of the image while still adding some more hints as to the intent. Some of these changes include a change in colour towards the right side of the musical score, indicating a more creative and imaginative transformation. As well as this, the font of the text was changed to something more interesting as to grab the viewers’ attention when they first view the image. The location of the image at the top of the piece was moved slightly left in order to have the subjects line of site lead to the word “technique”, indicating that there were years of theory being used by this person to create the show.
This week’s changes were subtle, as they intended to keep balance of creativity and fact that is easily seen in this image. I believe that the image finds that balance and gives the correct amount of information to its viewers so they can understand what is been shown without being escorted through the ideas that are being communicated.